- The Association’s code of conduct is meant to offer guidance of professional conduct that should be applied by members of the Association and is not intended as a basis of civil liability Or a base of reference to other industry Associations/Societies.
- Members are encouraged to suggest new parameters to the existing Code of Conduct to the Association. The Association Committee shall meet and discuss if the new suggestion will be accepted and adopted for the benefit of the Association and to the members.
Members are requested to conform to the spirit of the Code set out as follow:
- Members of the Association are expected to adopt the highest standards of dignity, fairness and integrity. No member shall act in a manner detrimental to the interests of the Association, public and their respective employer. In performing their duties, no member shall transgress any laws. It is mandatory that all members are to abide by this Code.
- All dealings with fellow members shall be conducted in a positive and professional manner. A member shall treat his fellow members with the utmost courtesy and fairness. A Member shall not adopt or engage in harmful, disparaging or predatory tactics. The property rights, work results, confidential data and vendor / client relations of fellow members shall at all times, be respected.
- Members are to serve the Association with loyalty and respect for confidentiality, avoiding conflicts of interest and activities for personal advantage which are detrimental to the Association or their fellow members.
- Members must treat fellow members’ records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information with confidentiality, unless prior consent is granted.
- Members shall bring to the attention of the Association Committee of any potential decisions or member’s actions which they identify as unethical or illegal, and to inform Committee of the possible results of such decisions or actions.
Breach of the Code of Conduct
The inappropriate behaviour of any member that violates the Association’s Code Of Conduct will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Association’s Committee, which may include the following sanctions:
- Written Censure / Reprimand
- Temporary Suspension of Membership
- Exclusion of Association’s Organized Activities
- Termination of Membership
- Legal Action